Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolution and a (slightly) new direction

A new year has dawned.

A new decade has arrived.

And it's time for a new direction here at Pigskin Punditry.

Ostensibly, I started this blog with the best of intentions and the hope that it would be a place where I would rant and rave about college football; the good, the bad and the in between.

Well, previously, that has not worked out the way I wanted it to. There have been obvious long gaps between posts (as the "Terrelle Pryor said what" post demonstrates) and the care and feeding of this blog has been wanting between my day job and other family commitments.

But it's time for a change, and the dawning of several new eras seems like the proper time to take advantage of those changes.

In this new year, I am still going to follow college football. I love the game, no matter how broken its post season is.

However, count on seeing more posts from other sports: We'll go basketball heavy in the winter and leading into the spring with March Madness and the NBA playoffs; baseball will dominate the summer with some golf and other big events taking over for a bit, too.

Late summer and early fall will be given over to college football with some NFL thrown in as well.
I also will try my hand at some video logs during the football season next year in a new segment that is tentatively titled "Inside the 20."

This site will continue to be a work in progress. I welcome any and all feedback either in comments here or by email at pigskinpundit@gmail.com, or by twitter @pigskinpundit.

No comments: